3.7

​I completed my course at Everest College for Medical Billing and Coding in April of 2014.As of today I still have not received any word as to when we will take the Certification test.

I was told that they would schedule times and dates for the class to come back and take the test. Still nothing, and since then the school has lost the President, the Dean, the Lead person in the career office and several other staff members. No one knows or have an answers about if we ever will be able to take the test.

Many of the medical offices will not accept you because the information that was taught by Everest College is not used in the doctor's office or we do not have enough experience.Now I see that Everest is under an investigation by the federal government, which by the way is a loan that I have to pay back and I have nothing to show for it.

Reason of review: No Good.

Preferred solution: Cancel my loan!!! I got nothing I paid for.

Had an Experience with Everest Institute?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1176570

I'm in a similar situation myself.It' been two years since I graduated or rather it will be come this September.

Career services at my school has done little to nothing to help me find a job and I myself think I figured out why my application attempts come up nothing.

I read the requirements for one of my jobs and it lists credentials that Everest don't have.

carolyn1127
Columbus, Ohio, United States #960706

I enrolled at the Gahanna Ohio campus 03/13 to start classes 08/14.All my documents were signed, financial aid approved.

In July I was contacted and advised due to my delayed entry, I had to sign a new enrollment agreement as my Enrollment person was no longer with the company, I did.Mid way through my courses it was brought to my attention that I owed money.

I was told tuition increased after I enrolled and that is what was being told to me in July. I fought it, they agreed the end of it.

Took my CCS test, passed, and walked at graduation.

Now Im being told unless I pay the extra over 2k, I will not get a diploma and in turn am being denied proof of my credentials.I graduated as a disabled individual with a 3.71 GPA.

The only reason it is not a 4.0 is I was experiencing a very dangerous MS flare up in the March/April 2014 mods and slipped.They are refusing me my diploma and attempting to extort money!